Sunday, January 5, 2014

Haul | LUSH and MAC


Just before Christmas, I went to the mall to do some last minute shopping. Of course, I did a lot of shopping for myself. Hey, I'm entitled to a Christmas present for myself, right? So, of course I went to my two favorite places: LUSH and the MAC counter in Macy's.


I went knowing exactly what I wanted. Two things: the MAC natural mineralize skin finish and the 217 blending brush...We shall talk about where else this went after I talk about those two things, haha.


Every beauty blogger has raved about those two products. I have used them several times since I bought it and I can see why everyone loves them. The mineralize skin finish is amazing! I will do a detailed review at some other time.


The MAC 217 brush is absolutely necessary for blending colors in the middle of the lid and crease, as well as the outer corners. It is an all-purpose brush and does an awesome job blending.


So naturally, the sales lady at the MAC counter sold me brush cleaner. I have never used the MAC brush cleaner before, as I have heard mixed reviews about it; it's not worth the money or it doesn't work as well as it should. As far as I can tell in the various times I've used it, I love it! I think it's use is primarily for on-the-go cleaning; when switching eyeshadow colors, or to quickly rinse brushes off. Is this the right cleaner for a deep brush cleaning? Probably not. However, it does work well for the moment. You just dab some on a paper towel and rub the brush on it, and voila!


A sort of impulse purchase after this was the double sided MAC pro palette. AGHH! I have my own MAC palette and 2014 WILL be the year that I fill it up. I am so excited!


So the first two colors I bought were 'Sketch' and 'Woodwinked,' two VERY popular colors for the Holiday season. I have since then bought two more, which may or may not be featured in a post tomorrow, haha. I have used these since then so much and I love them!



They are highly pigmented and long lasting on the eyelid. I absolutely adore these shades.

Now on to LUSH....


Featured in the top knot, was a present for my mother, who also loves LUSH. Since it is after Christmas and she's already opened the gift, I can tell you what is it. It's a huge jug of Rose Jam (I also bought her Buffy body butter, which is not pictured).

The FUN tin, is just that; a tin of FUN. They are multi-purpose soaps that can be used a body soap, shampoo, or you can even dump it in the bath. I bought the tin for my two oldest nieces to share. The kit comes with several different colors and cookie cutters, so that they can cut them in neat shapes and play with it before they use it. I thought this was a perfect gift for them.








Santa's Lip Scrub is the perfect lip scrub for the Holiday season and I bought it for myself. It takes the dry skin off your lips while leaving it moisturized. It is cola flavored (MY FAVORITE!) and it smells and tastes absolutely delicious. It has cute little confetti hearts at the top and I just love this stuff!


Sticking to the Holiday spirit, I bought myself the Sandy Santa scrub. I thought it was adorable when I saw and I'm always looking to try new scrubs for my dry skin in the winter months. I don't like this scrub as much as I like Buffy Body Butter, which leaves a residue of moisture. Sandy Santa isn't terrible; it does the job, peeling dead skin and whatnot, but it doesn't leave your as moisturized.

I thoroughly enjoyed my little haul of gifts for other people, but mostly myself. It is nice to give yourself a little treat once in a while. I hope you guys did the same!

xxxx

11 comments:

  1. You've tempted me to go and buy a whole heap of Mac products now, my student loan comes through in a few days and I take no responsibility for what's going to happen next! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely lovely haul! I've seen MAC palettes numerous times, but this is the first post that actually made me want one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul, Laura! I also bought Sketch and Woodwinked during the holiday season x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought my first Mac product today, from a Mac Counter, the girls were so nice and let me try everything on and then I purchased the lipstick! Can't wait to go back and get some more. However I was in the Mac store and found the staff rude and they completely ignored me. Liked the counter much better!

    Krystal xo
    littlebeautybug.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh makes me want to go shopping!! Sketch and Woodwinked are 2 of my favorite shadows! Also that Santa lip scrub looks so yummy! Great haul!

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so great! Sketch is my favorite MAC eyeshadow! Woodwinked has been on my list for a while! I've never bought anything from Lush, so jealous!

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the MAC brush cleaner is really good for spot cleaning. I don't tend to use it on brushes that have had cream products on them (e.g. foundation brush) but on my eyeshadow brushes, it works like a dream :) you have yourself a new follower! great post
    Bea x
    www.beasbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this haul! I don't own any MAC shadows but am thinking of getting some, I especially like the ones you picked up! I really want to try the Mineralized Skinfinish as well :) I so wanted the Lush Santa Lip Scrub but they were all sold out after Christmas where I live :( Great post! xx

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice haul! I love the 217 brush and the Mac Brush Cleanser. I don't know why people were saying it's not worth it, it cleans my dirtiest brushes in 2 seconds, and it's great when you have a limited brush collection like I do.
    I saw the wishlist that you have on the side of your blog, and I saw that the 222 is there. Definitely try it in the store on your eyelid before you purchase it, because I find it to be kind of scratchy and not the best for blending out shadows. I only use it for highlighting and I even have a brush that does that job better, which is the big fluff brush that Mac has, the 227. I would buy 2 of the 217 brushes if I could do it all over again instead of buying the 222.

    teenbeautylover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got so many goodies! I'm hoping to fill up my palette as well this year (sketch and wood winked are actually two I really want!) I can't wait to see some looks with them!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want Sketch, it's such a beautiful colour! I wish I could get the new MAC palettes, the old ones are rather annoying not being able to see what shades you have. Great haul!

    Claudia xx | Beauty and the Chic

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments, so don't be afraid to say anything! x