Monday, December 16, 2013

Blogmas Day 16: 31 Days of Favorites | My Favorite Make Up Brushes of 2013



I had a hard time selecting my favorite makeup brushes, so I told myself to choose the ones that I could not live without. I thought about it and came up with these.




I LOVE this brush sooo much! Who doesn't?! It's my absolutely favorite brush! Every beauty blogger has raved about this since it became popular. This brush is awesome and it works well for blending concealer and foundation. In fact, I have nixed my previous foundation brush because I love this one so much. I shouldn't write about this brush too much more as I've already done a detailed review. You can find it here. Absolutely recommend this brush.



These brushes are my favorite that I have in my Sephora collection. The bristles are soft and don't get hard after washing them. The eyeshadow goes on clean and blends extremely well with these brushes. I use the smudge brush to blend eyeshadow in the outer corner, as well as for upper lash liner. The regular eyeshadow brush is perfect for the lid. The angled eyeshadow brush works perfectly in blending eyeshadow between the crease and lid. I love these brushes and recommend it a lot.



There's no doubt that the M.A.C brushes are every beauty fanatic's dream. I wish to own all of them someday, but right now I only own a handful. These were my favorite of the year. They are amazing brushes that can be used specifically what they are meant for...or not. I actually use the 168 as a highlighting brush instead of a contour brush. It's really soft but plentiful, so it does really well with highlighting. The next brush on my wishlist is the smaller contour brush (#109). Once I get that one, I will actually be able use this one for contouring and the 109 for highlighting. I love the 266 brush to fill in my eyebrows, when it's actually meant for the upper eyeliner. It's small enough to fill in my eyebrows perfectly and the texture is also amazing. 

I am really excited to try out more makeup brushes (specifically M.A.C and Real Techniques)!

What were your favorite brushes in 2013?

xxxs

12 comments:

  1. The MAC 168 is brilliant! I love it too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to get the expert face brush but I already have the buffing brush so don't know if it's worth it!Xx

    Lucy Cole | A UK Fashion, Style and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. the best brushes
    http://exitwonds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try RT brushes for so long! Sephora does have some really nice brushes! My favorite foundation brush is the Sephora 56 (I'm actually writing up a post on it soon!) Have a Merry Christmas!

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite brushes are all the Real Techniques face brushes, Sephora brushes and MAC 217 :)

    Annie | www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a lovely Christmas. I see you like me are a member of the BloggerChallenge2014. I have followed you and can't wait to read your posts.
    http://www.lippylikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister has the MAC 168! It's the perfect contouring brush, I should probably get that for myself sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the Real Techniques brushes!

    http://ambertypes.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mac brushes are phenomenal. I know they're pricey but so long lasting. The quality is just fab!


    I was wondering if you would like to swap blog buttons for the month of Jan?Starting Jan 1 I am swapping buttons with a few bloggers so we can all gain some exposure. If would like to then email me at shivani@glamdiaries.com

    Happy New Year! :)

    ~ Shivani (GlamDiaries.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i used to use the real techniques buffing brush before i discovered the expert face brush and i've never looked back. it just applies foundation so flawlessly, i love it!

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, those brushes look so great! i just got a set of professional makeup brushes for christmas, this post made me want to try them all out right now!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Real technique brushes are the best, aren't they? I'd really like to try the MAC 168

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments, so don't be afraid to say anything! x