Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Blogmas Day 11: 31 Days of Favorites | My Favorite Mascaras of 2013



I have literally only used three mascaras in the last year because I loved them all so much that I couldn't even find another mascara that was worth my time. 


I began the year using Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Mascara. Unfortunately, that did not last very long as it gave me a severe allergic reaction in my eyes. I loved this mascara so much, that I continued to use it. After a month or so, I realized I could not use it any longer. I tried to find a replacement with other mascaras of the same brand, but either nothing compared or the same reaction occurred. This mascara has given me the longest eyelashes in the world. I just wish I could use it - I've even tried using this in conjunction to another mascara, but it still gives me allergies.


I discovered the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes (LCL) mascara early this year, as it was recommended to me by the sales lady at Ulta. I was looking for a natural, hypo-allergenic mascara. I and have not stopped using it since the first time. It provides amazing coverage, color and length. I went to buy this same mascara again, but the store was sold out (which made me happy because it's popular, yay). I noticed they had Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes (LCF) and decided to try it. I thought it was amazing and at first, I liked it more than LCL. The major thing I that I dislike about the brush is that it is made of plastic. However, I've realized that if I use both of the Tarte mascaras together, my eyelashes look flawless. I absolutely recommend them both.


The LCF mascara has a plastic applicator with plastic bristles, which I really dislike. It was really bothersome to use because I could just feel the plastic on my lashes. The effect of it, however, was phenomenal as stated above. The other two were made of fibre, which I think have an even better effect on my lashes. The Falsies mascara has a wand that is much fatter than the other two. It helped get my lashes really full, which was one of the reasons that I fell in love with the mascara in the first place. The thinner wands help you get to the root of your lashes, which can also assist in making your lashes fuller and give you more coverage. Both of the Tarte mascaras are phenomenal and I wish the Falsies did not give the allergies it did, or I would use it everyday.

Which were your favorite mascaras of 2013? I want to try Benefit's They're Real mascara among others next year.

xxxx

3 comments:

  1. I lot of people love the falsies and I like it too but I found it too flaky on me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold Tarte Mascara looks amazing! The Falsies irritated my eyes too, which is a shame, because it gives me fabulous lashes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I got so many compliments on my lashes when I used it. Shame.. Love both the Tarte Mascaras though.

      Delete

I read all comments, so don't be afraid to say anything! x