Monday, January 13, 2014

Makeup Review | NARS Sheerglow Foundation and Radiant Creamy Concealer


I know that I am late on this and that everyone and their mother has been using these since they came out last year, but I have to do a review on this! I am so impressed by these and haven't stopped using them since I bought them a couple of months ago.

I usually try to wait a while before writing a review on products. I like to see how my skin reacts to different things; the time of months, different BB creams, different powders - just general, different scenarios throughout time, to figure out exactly what I want to say about the products.



I bought the NARS Creamy concealer in Light 2, Vanilla.



I bought the NARS Sheerglow Foundation in Light 1, Siberia. I will tell you why I bought two different colors in this post.





I bought the concealer at Sephora. I tried this color on in the store. What I really love about the brand NARS, is that there are a wide variety of color options. At the time, I thought I would be the fairest color out of all of them, but when I tried it on in the store, I hated the way it looked on me. I felt like it accented my blemishes and dark under eye circles, instead of covered them. The sales lady suggest I try on Light 2, Vanilla and it worked marvelously.



This is my before/during picture to show you how it looks without anything on and what areas need covering with concealer.



This picture was take after the concealer was blended well. It states that the concealer is "a creamy concealers with hydrating, multiaction skincare benefits and light diffusing technology to create a softer, smoother complexion." It is as it is named - creamy, which is why I was skeptical at first. How could this work for someone that has dry skin if it is creamy? I was scared that it wouldn't blend well and make my dry patches look even drier....but it didn't! It is an absolute miracle, as it is hydrating and not drying. Thin concealers don't work well at covering anything, which is why this concealer is a Godsend. As you can see, it covered my blemishes and red spots quite well. I am still not very happy about my dark under eye circles. I certainly think that this concealer works for red spots, but I am still on the hunt for one that works even better for under the eyes. It takes a lot to blend it well, but when it is really blended, it looks amazing. There are days where I put this under a BB cream and that's all I need for face makeup. It lasts a long time - it keeps my blemishes and red spots hidden all day. I definitely agree that it does create a soft and smooth complexion.

Bottom line
Coverage:
I found this to be light coverage for it being a concealer, but if BB cream is added, it can be made into a medium coverage.

Finish:
The finish is satin, but it can change as you add things over it.

Lastingness:
It lasts pretty much all day. There are days when it comes off if I have touched my face too much. It also depends on the primer used.

Worth it?
Definitely! It covers red spots and blemishes and does help the under eye circles somewhat. It is the best concealer I have ever used.



I also bought this at Sephora and it runs for about $44. My face is a lot more rosy than this color, but I just loved the way it looked when I tried it on in the store, but I may buy Mont Blanc, the lightest color, the next time I get it. 



This picture was taken after the foundation was blended well. It states that it is "a glowing, satin-finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage." For the most part, I would have to agree. It is not as creamy as the concealer, but not too liquidy. You can tell by feeling it that it can give you  a nice medium coverage, but you can build it as thick as you want, by adding more layers, therefore it is buildable. It is difficult to blend - I use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to blend and it works extremely well. The final finish, I'd say is extremely satin, depending on your skin type. My combination skin can be dry in the cheeks and oily in the noise, but the foundation works really well throughout my face. My friend, who has oily skin did not like this foundation because it made her face look even more oily than it already was. Again, this foundation is not for everyone.

Personally, I really like the contrast between the Light 2 concealer and Light 1 foundation.


Bottom line

Coverage:
It starts off as medium, but you can build it to maximum coverage by adding more layers and blending well.

Finish:
The finish is satin for combination-dry skin, but it is too oily for oily skin.

Lastingness:
I found that it lasted the entire day, more so than the concealer.

Worth it?
Absolutely! No other foundation will do the same things! I absolutely recommend it. For oily skin, try the NARS Sheer Matte Foundation.






Final makeup look.



This picture was taken at the end of the day. I didn't do much that day but, as you can see, the concealer and foundation did last pretty much the entire day.

Definitely recommend these two products!

xx

6 comments:

  1. I would actually love to get both of these before my senior prom this year! They look gorgeous on your skin--thanks for your review!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so great on you!! Gorgeous finish

    Christal
    LipstickAndPonytails

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your makeup in that picture! I've been wanting these products forever! Your skin looks so flawless :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want to try both of these products! I love the finish they give! Great review! :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your complexion looks beautifully flawless! I love these products too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, it's so informative! The foundation doesn't work for my skin unfortunately, but the concealer is something I have been wanting to try for ages! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments, so don't be afraid to say anything! x