Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Chatter #1


I've decided to start a "Sunday Chatter" series on my blog for as long as it wants to run. It'll basically be a kind of diary post full of what has happened throughout the previous two weeks. I don't really want it to be done weekly, as my weeks can be boring at times. I want there to be enough juice to fill you guys in on.


  • Firstly, let's start with the New Year. I got to spend it with my boyfriend and his family, as I have stated in a previous post. It was lovely! His mother thought we were crazy for running around the house with suitcases when the clock struck midnight. There is myth that it brings good luck for future travels for the year and I need them as much as I can, as I want to be really well traveled.
  • In trying to be positive, I have turned to blogging again. I have schedule posts for weeks now. I also enjoy my morning makeup routine and, in turn, feel the need to take 'selfies' in order to show off my makeup look. 
  • For the start of this year, I wanted to be inspirational, so I decided to look up hopeful quotes that will get me through these tough times. One of them has been mentioned in an earlier post. The picture full of a list of numbers above, is also very inspirational. I have decided that that is how I would like to live my life from now on.
  • I spent several of the evenings of my winter break watching Harry Potter movies with my nieces. They are so entertaining and I love that the girls are starting to get into them. I want to reread them, but I have a long list of new books that I'd like to get through first.
  • Last Friday, I spent the day with my boyfriend. We had lunch at a delicious sushi place "Sushi Joe" by the airport. We then, hung out at the mall for the rest of day. It was a lovely relaxing day.
  • I spent the day at my boyfriends house last Saturday. His sister was in town from central Florida and we rarely get to see her. It was so much fun hanging out with her and starting to plan her wedding (I'm a bridesmaid!). The wedding will take place in late October of this year and her theme is Tiffany blue, black and white. I think it's going to be such a classy wedding!
  • Last week, I started my YouTube Channel. I am very excited to start uploading more frequent videos! I want to do anything from makeup tutorials to vlogs and lifestyle videos with DIY videos mixed in there too. I'm so excited! You can find it here. Please support my new channel!
  • The BCS National Championship football game was last Monday. It was so thrilling that my University played....AND WON! It was such a nail biting game and we really won in the last few minutes. Auburn played really well and really deserved to be there, but I am SOOO glad we won! I lost my voice after that game! I only wish I was in Tallahassee for all of celebrations that probably occurred after that game! GO NOLES!!
  • I was in Tampa Tuesday through Saturday for a Florida Music Educators Association Professional Development Conference. I learned so much from that and I also got to see people from my University that I haven't seen in months. I got to spend much needed time with my best friend, who I stayed with along with my other best friend. It was a lot of fun!

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea you went to FSU until now! My sister goes there so I also watched the game and was biting my nails until the very end! What a small world haha.
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO WAY! That's hilarious! The game was great and I was so proud. x

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to be more organized with my blog lately too and post more frequently, it's fun and refreshing to communicate with fellow bloggers! Nothing wrong with a little Harry Potter. And don't even get me started on football. I'm more of an NFL girl and my Saints losing the playoffs was awful! :(

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, it was fun to read what you've been up to in the past fortnight. I love this new series :) Are you planning on travelling any where this year because that's actually one of the things I want to do! It would be cool to share notes, give ideas etc hehe.

    Iram @ Lovestruck for Louboutins

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments, so don't be afraid to say anything! x