Tuesday, December 10, 2013

International Destinations for Rejuvenation and 5 Ways to Relax and De-Stress During the Holidays

In search for a spa to de-stress during the holiday season? Look no further.

This article about International Destinations for Rejuvenation will help you find a place!

There are spas all over the world that help relax and allow you to look your best. Using different remedies, these spas can assist in different areas whether it's an immune system issue, or anti-aging treatments. I am excited to look into trying the spa in my town and you should definitely check out the spas located all over the world!

5 Ways to Relax and De-Stress During the Holidays

The holiday season can be extremely stressful. From shopping everyday after work trying to find the perfect gift for every person in your family, to planning various holiday celebrations; everyone definitely needs to fit some time in to relax. I know that I do, or I will go nuts!



1. Shopping










Now, I really have to be in the mood to shop, or it will make me stress even more. Like, I need to be shopping for myself and not really knowing what I want or not needing anything specific. I love taking trips to the mall and just walking around to see what I find. Every single year, for as long as I can remember, my mother and I go shopping the Friday before Christmas (which is our last day of work before winter break). We spend a lot of her bonus at several malls and we shop for ourselves (by then, the shopping for everyone else is generally done). I love this ritual because it really makes me feel like it's the beginning of winter and I love winter! 



2. Häagen-Dazs Peppermint Bark Ice Cream


This ice cream is the epitome of amazing! There are bits of peppermint in the vanilla ice cream and there are chocolate chunks everywhere and I just love this. I have a ritual with the ice cream, as well. Every year, my roommate from college and I would go to the mall and buy a cone of Häagen-Dazs Peppermint Bark Ice Cream. We would, then, walk around the mall and end up in Charlotte Russe and stare at the shoe selection for the year, while finishing up the cone. It was very relaxing and it is a tradition that I will never forget. This year is the first year that we have not done it, since we have gone our separate ways (she now lives in London), which makes me very sad. HOWEVER, the ice cream still does exist, and it still relaxes me and I have had it quite a few times this holiday season already.



3. At Home (or not) Manicure Pedicure


When I'm anxious or stressed, I usually like to paint my nails. I have my own at-home pedicure set and love to use it as often I can. However, some times a girl needs someone else to pamper her, so I go to the salon. It's great to have a couple of hours of mind-numbing nail-fixing.



4. Spending Time With Family

I don't know what I would do without my family to turn to when I've had a bad day. When I get stressed this time of year, I look forward to family dinners. I am Cuban, so my family is HUGE and when we have family dinners, they can last hours. That's exactly what I need to de-stress.



5. Driving Around Town Looking for Christmas Lights

A tradition that I have with my two oldest nieces (my best friend comes along at times) is that every year we drive around the ritziest part of town and look at the nice Christmas lights. Last year, we even discovered that there was a little park at the corner of one of the nice neighborhoods. We got down so they could play and it was cute to take pictures of them playing with Santa and Snowmen and Reindeer. Every year, the trip, driving around town gets longer and longer and we have decided to go around for a really long time this year!



I'd love to know how you relax and de-stress this time of year! I'm always looking for new ideas. Please let me know in the comments below!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments, so don't be afraid to say anything! x