Monday, December 9, 2013

Blogmas Day 9: 31 Days of Favorites | My Favorite Eye Shadow Palettes of 2013



I have used so many eye shadow palettes this year because I feel the need to wear shadows for every occasion. These were my top favorite of the year.


Urban Decay: Naked Basics Palette
This is the perfect palette for travel! None of these are in the other Naked Palettes except for one of them, but even if they were all repeats, I would have still bought it! This fits in my travel makeup bag perfectly. I love that they are all matte colors. I use this for everyday basic eyeshadow.


As you can see, the shadows are extremely pigmented. I am so fair skinned, that you can barely see the first three colors, but they are there. They are all light colors, nearly white or yellow.






Urban Decay Naked Palette
This is an extremely popular palette and I love it just as much as the next person. I also use this one for everyday wear. I love the brown neutrals because they match anything and look good for work. I just wish they had more than three matte colors, though the other colors aren't so shimmery that they can't be worn for work.


These colors are so pigmented, much like the other Naked palettes. My favorites are the plain Naked, the gorgeous Sidecar, and the lovely Hustle. 




Stila In The Moment Eye Shadow Palette
I loveeee this eye shadow palette because I'm obsessed with neutral purples. I love that the top row goes together and the second row goes well together. It came with a gorgeous purple eyeliner pencil, which I love because it is not so pigmented and looks great with anything.


I love the blend of these colors and how well they look together. I absolutely recommend this palette!






Mally Beauty Smokey Eye Palette
I adore this smokey eye palette because it allows you to create a subtle smokey eye that's not too dark.


As you can see, the colors are not so pigmented, which allows you to create a subtle smokey eye. I love the taupe color, instead of a brown for smokey eye. I love that it comes with a primer, though I don't use it much. I actually got this palette for free for doing a review on it. I really recommend it!





Drugstore Eye Palettes - Maybelline
I love these really affordable, extremely gorgeous palettes. I usually receive these as gifts, but I really do use them a lot! These make great stocking stuffers, actually. They are nicely pigmented, come in a variety of colors, and really affordable.

In 2014, I am looking forward to creating my own MAC palette. Please let me know what your favorite palettes of 2013 were or the colors you own in your MAC palette. You can never have to many eyeshadows!

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments, so don't be afraid to say anything! x