Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Blogmas Day 3: 31 Days of Favorites | My Favorite Foundations of 2013





I love trying different foundations and seeing which ones work best with my skin tone and skin type.  Oh wow the second from the left looks extremely dark, I promise it's not! Those four were my favorite of this year.



The Drugstore Foundations:


Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
This foundation is absolutely perfect if you don't want it to seem like you're wearing a lot of makeup. It is super light, yet creamy and moisturizing. It's almost like I don't even have to put on moisturizer before I use this, though I still do. I really really love this one and really recommend it. This foundation is a thousand times better than the Match Perfection Concealer! I have this one in 101 Classic Ivory.




Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
Just like the concealer, the foundation is amazing! It's super cream, but not thick and it definitely makes you look awake when you're tired. I use this one when I feel that my face needs to be refreshed. I feel like this settles really well and looks lovely with moisturizer under and powder on top of it. I have this in the shade 103 True Ivory (it is definitely not as dark as it looks in the pictures).



The High End Foundations (I love these both equally):


MAC Studio Fix Fluid
I love this stuff! It looks great on  a night out because it's really thick, which allows for maximum coverage. Now, it is absolutely necessary to wear moisturizer under this and powder on top of this, or it won't settle well. I wear this when I'm having a terrible skin day or when I'm trying to dress up a little more. You can't apply too much or it will cake, which is terrible. This foundation hydrates my skin so well and leaves it super matte the whole day, which I love! What I love about MAC cosmetics in general is that they offer a vast variety of shades for every skin tone. I have this one in NW15.




NARS Sheerglow Foundation
Everyone has been raving about this foundation, and I, of course, jumped right on the bandwagon. It is a nice contrast to the MAC Studio Fix because it is quite light, yet it gives maximum coverage. It settles really nicely on my face when I use the matching concealer, which I have in a different, complimentary color (I will make a future post as to why I have them in different colors). I really recommend this foundation! I have it in Light1 Siberia.

What were your favorite foundations of the year?

xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments, so don't be afraid to say anything! x