Thursday, November 14, 2013

New Make Up & Nail Polish Storage

I have just reorganized all of my make up and nail polishes! I was at the point where I couldn't find anything in my huge make up bag and it was frustrating me, especially when I was in a hurry. I have decided that I will use make up bags for travel and keep my make up and nail polish at my bed side.

Here's what it looks like:


I realize that it is not the prettiest means of storage, but to me, it is the most practical. I have a two shelf, rolling bookcase, where I keep magazines, books and things needed for my laptop. On top of that, I have black and white storage drawers. The top ones (black) are for make up and the bottom ones white are for nail polish.

Here's a closer look:


The contraption to the left of the drawers is a cooling system for my laptop so that it doesn't over heat. On top, I have my iPad, iPod and Nintendo 3ds. Completely not beauty related, haha. I also have a few head bands and some make up brushes in that red pouch.




First drawer contains any face make up: concealers, foundations, BB creams, powders, blushes, bronzers, anything for the face.




The second drawer has anything for the eyes: Eye shadow palettes, mascara, eye liners, eyebrow make up, anything for the eyes.




The third drawer contains anything for the lips: lipsticks, lip glosses, lip liner, lip balms, lip scrubs.




First drawer of the nail polish drawers has anything related to fixing up nails: cotton, nail poish remover, nail files, nail clippers, hand lotion, things like that. I also have my tweezers and eyebrow scissors in there, not sure why.




The second drawer has all of the autumn/winter color nail polishes (darker colors).




The last drawer has all of the spring/summer nail polish colors (the lighter ones, including ones that could be used in french manicures).




The two sets of drawers fit so nicely that I'm able to put my hair care products and my brushes in a vase on the side. I am in the process of trying to find a bigger way to store my make up brushes, as my collection is growing and no longer fits in there. I am thinking that just a clear glass bowl filled with coffee beans would do the trick.

So, this is how I store my make up & nail polish. Again, it's not the prettiest way to do so, but it's the way that works best for me. I hope you get some good ideas from this post.

How do you store your make up? Let me know in the comments below!

xxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. i have a vanity with three drawers and one of them i keep my nail polish, the next i keep tools(brushes ect.) and the last i keep my actual makeup in and i organize them with boxes i cut into little sections and put pretty duct tape over the cardboard. i really like your idea when i go off to college next year and i wont have room for a vanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have such a nice storage !! would you like to follow each other dear :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments, so don't be afraid to say anything! x