Thursday, November 21, 2013

Shaving Woes Be Gone!

A little something I picked up at Lush recently was the Ambrosia Shaving Cream. I had done a lot of research on it because I didn't want to just buy shaving cream without knowing what to look for. The reviews were mostly amazing, so I decided to try it out myself.

Let me tell you about my troubles with shaving that have been with me from the start. I have extremely coarse, black hair that grows back extremely fast. My skin is also extremely sensitive, so I develop red bumps and ingrown hairs quickly after shaving. I have tried everything! I've tried waxing and it is really irritating. I've tried soaking my legs in a bath so the hair gets softer, I've tried using conditioner, I've tried different razors and creams and nothing has worked. 

Until this!

I feel like I spend hours at Lush. There's nothing more that I love doing than talking about skincare with people who enjoy as much as I do. At the Lush store, the sales lady suggested that I use a scrub before shaving and recommended the Buffy Body Butter. 


The first time I used it, it was the most fabulous feeling ever! I have used it for about three weeks, just to be sure that it didn't irritate me or that things did not go wrong. I used the scrub before and after shaving. It leaves my legs feeling moisturized so that when I add the shaving cream, the hair just comes straight off! The shaving cream is light but it does the job. It doesn't clog the razor (especially if you run it through water every so often) and it smells amazing! The honey and oat milk are super sensitive on the skin and also leave my legs feeling extremely moisturized. Before, I would use conditioner and it would leave me legs feeling smooth, but it would also clog the razor and eventually that would take a toll on my legs.

The razor I have found that works best for me is the Schick Intuition. The refills for the razors have a coat of solid cream that further moisturize your legs.

The mix of all of these things helps me to have smooth legs with no irritation or ingrown hairs and I feel as though the shave lasts longer. I shave approximately twice a week!


I bought the small bottle of the Ambrosia Shaving Cream just to try it out, but I get the feeling that I will be going back to buy the bigger bottle in the future. The small bottle is 3.5 ounces and runs for about $9.99, while the bigger one is 8.8 ounces and costs $19.99. The bigger one is more value for your money, obviously, but I always recommend buying the smaller version of a new product, just to try it out. Here is the link for you to see Ambrosia Shaving Cream for yourself on the Lush website.

I definitely recommend that you try this shaving cream out if you have sensitive skin or are just looking for a replacement shaving cream that is moisturizing and long-lasting.

What shaving methods do you use? 

Please let me know in the comments below. I love finding different ways to do things and trying new things out.

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments, so don't be afraid to say anything! x